Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SePiA


on my way home i was already thinking of what to write. i don't have any good topic to discuss... but then, after reading "UNGAZ's" blog, something popped into my mind...

i would like to reminisce the mem'ries of my beloved grandparents... DIOSDADO BERNARDO RIVERA & ANGELINA DE GUZMAN RAMOS...


they are one of the founding residents of their town... was able to raise eight children with pride & honor.. all of their children are degree holder... if my mem'ry serves me right, they are both business-minded persons... they have ventured into farming, "palay buying" station, have their own mini grocery store & Inay was a former jeweller...

i really never got the chance to meet LOLO DADO, coz he passed away three years before i was born... but i heard a lot of good things about him. pardon me Lolo Dado, i can not elaborate further memories of you... but i know, you are well-loved by the people around you...


INAY
... this is what i call my beloved grandmother... i was the first born grandchild so her attention was drawn to me... i was named "lola's pet" way back then... i'm not a brat... but they told, she did spoiled me... i have so many good memories of her... too many that i will take days to finish this topic... so, generally speaking, she loved me more than expected... as they always say, grandchildren are loved most by their grandparents than their own children... i proved it right... she was always there for us... not only for me... but also for all her loved ones... she is one caring, thoughtful, loving & religious person... a person with a dominant personality... was able to raise her children by her own when Lolo Dado died... not all mothers' are like her... courageous & firm... for me personally, i look up to her as an icon... i was able to experience & see for myself all the good deeds she has done for everyone... sigh! i miss her a lot...


there was something about her that i can not forget(it was at the second day of her wake)... i was really so close to her & i loved her so much. during that time, i'm in a great denial that i've lost her already... i never got the chance to sleep well during the first night of her wake... so the following day, late afternoon, i felt so sleepy... i lay down & slept in one of the bedrooms in her house... i was all alone... while sleeping, i felt somebody was touching my hair & caressing it... i was so sleepy that i did not even bother to peep to identify who was by my side... i slept soundly... when i woke up, i asked if someone entered the room while i was sleeping... to my surprise, nobody came there... then, i said to myself, maybe it was Inay... bidding me goodbye... telling me that it's okay to let go of her... that even if she's no longer around physically, she will always be beside me no matter where she will be... until now, when ever i will remember that moment, i will always cry... i will never forget all the love she has given to me...


& this post is intended for both of my grandparents... no matter where they are... i know they are both happy together now... no matter where they will be, they will always be remembered... specially me... i will never forget both of you... for with out you, i will not have a father as good as you... my father will not be married to my loving mother... and i will not be born into this world... THANK YOU... I love you both....

No comments:

Post a Comment